A Bite out of the Big Apple

Not Another Beach Vacation
My buddy and I Spencer didn't want to fall into the loop of driving down to Florida for Spring Break like a majority of college students do every. We wanted to be active and fully immerse ourselves in a city that had a lot to offer. Can you think of a more vibrant city than New York, New York? Neither could we so immediately went forward to the planning stages. We were able to book a flight for cheap through American Airlines and a cheap place to stay in East Village Through AirBNB. Knowing we were going to be overwhelmed by all that New York has to offer we tried our best to follow an itinerary each day. After researching restaurants, events, and attractions we had a fully planned out schedule for our time in the city and could not wait to take off. 
New York is a Cold Place
My cousin lives in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan so I wanted to make an effort too meet up with her during our stay. In order to meet up with her we had to walk 20 min west of East Village to get to a bar in Greenwich Village. I was ready for cool temperatures but not the unbearable freezing winds that numbed my face and had me shivering to the point where I was having difficulty moving arms and legs. Nonetheless, we arrived to our destination and had a blast with my cousin. She's in her mid-twenties and has lived in the city ever since she graduated college so she knew had to show us a good time. The bars were nothing special but I enjoyed catching up with my cousin who I hadn't seen in a few years. The next day we were ecstatic because we were fortunate enough to receive two tickets to The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. Numerous audience reviews suggested to arrive to the Ed Sullivan Theater 2 hours prior to the show. So we did exactly that, the line moved fairly quickly and we were in our seats in no time. The band came out first and played a few songs to warm up the crowd. Shortly after that the show's director explained to us when to clap, when to laugh, and when to shut up. After anxiously waiting for a few more minutes Stephen was introduced to us and he did a short Q & A before the taping of the show began. I could not stop laughing during the opening monologue and the guests for the evening were Anderson Cooper and Judd Apatow. Both were very charismatic and I enjoyed listening to each of the interviews. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talladega Nights

A Trip to Our Nation's Capital