San Fran Excursion

No Ordinary Family Vacation
The first fifteen years of my life my family like clockwork would pack up the car and drive to Myrtle Beach. Until I got to college they would sprinkle in a few other beach vacations. I love the beach and enjoy nothing more than eating local seafood and soaking up the sun to get a nice tan (and I can get very tan thanks to my half Italian mother). My parents realized they were falling into the loop of having the same vacation year after year and wanted to spice things up. So they booked a flight to San Francisco, a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf, a hotel at Carmel and a lodge at Yosemite National Park. As soon as I heard they decided to book all of this and give us the full northern California experience I was ecstatic. 
From East Coast to West Coast
We landed late in the evening so we couldn't soak in the beauty of the morning that night. When we woke up and started to explore by golly what a magnificent city. The weather was perfect every day, warm and sunny with a crisp breeze. It didn't rain once but I came to find out it only rains about 5 times a year in San Francisco.
The city lies on a bunch of steep hills and if you've seen the movie Inception in the beginning of the movie when one part of a city folds up into the air and you can see streets, buildings, and homes. That's exactly what San Francisco looked like to me. My family did so much while we were staying there so it would take me forever to describe everything we did. Instead I will list some of the highlights of the trip.

-Got groovy at a concert at the historic Fillmore Theater
- Rode a double decker bus over the Golden Gate Bridge
- Enjoyed Dim Sum in the Chinatown district
- Played a Japanese drum game in Japantown
- Ate sushi at a restaurants where you take the food off of boats that float around in a circle in front of you
- Ate at In-N-Out Burger and Jack-in-the-Box 4 times each
-Ventured through the gay district Castro 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talladega Nights

A Trip to Our Nation's Capital

A Bite out of the Big Apple